The Black Friday deals are great for making expensive products more affordable, but when the sales hit already-cheap products like the Amazon Fire tablets, that’s when devices become really, really tempting.
These tablets have seen a big Black Friday price cut on various different configurations, so if you’re on the hunt for a great cheap tablet, this is one to go for.
Sure, Amazon Fire tablets aren’t the most well-specced or powerful slates out there, but thanks to their low prices, they’re great portable entertainment machines, and the Black Friday deals have made that low-price selling point even more obvious.
Thanks to the Black Friday deals, lots of Amazon’s suite of Fire tablets are reduced, with savings of up to £60 on the bigger devices (not in the UK? Scroll down to see prices in your region).
These savings have already started, a week prior to ‘Black Friday proper’ and will likely last until Cyber Monday on November 30 (or perhaps even later than that but we can’t say for sure).
So if you’ve had your eye on an Amazon Fire tablet before, whether that’s the 7-inch one or a bigger 8- or 10-inch HD model, or maybe one of the Kids’ Editions, now might be a good time to go for one.
Amazon Black Friday: Fire tablet deals
Amazon Fire 7:
£49.99 £34.99 at Amazon
Save £35 – Amazon’s smallest Fire tablet is its only one without a HD screen, but not everyone will care about screen resolution. At this low price it’s a pretty good buy though some might prefer one of the company’s bigger models.
Amazon Fire 7 Kids’ Edition:
£99.99 £54.99 at Amazon
Save £45 – This is a version of the Fire 7 designed for children, with software that censors any inappropriate material and a large, colorful protective case to make it relatively kid-proof. You can pick this up in a few different colors.
Amazon Fire HD 8:
£89.99 £54.99 at Amazon
Save £35 – Amazon’s newest Fire tablet on sale, the HD 8 is a mid-size offering that has a HD screen but less screen real estate than its big sibling. This version of the tablet has ads in the software; the ad-free version doesn’t seem to be on sale.
Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids’ Edition:
£139.99 £84.99 at Amazon
Save £55 – If you feel your kids deserve HD viewing (or if you think you might pinch the slate from time to time) the Fire HD 8 Kids’ Edition might be better than the Fire 7’s alternative. It’s bigger than the Fire 7 Kids’ Edition but comes with the same software and protective case.
Amazon Fire HD 10 32GB:
£149.99 £89.99 at Amazon
Save £60 – This is the biggest size of Amazon Fire tablet you can buy, though one that comes with less storage than our other alternative below. 10 inches is a lot of screen real estate, especially with HD resolution, making this pretty good as a portable stream machine.
Amazon Fire HD 10 64GB:
£179.99 £119.99 at Amazon
Save £60 – If you think you’re going to be downloading loads of stuff to watch, play, read or listen to, the Amazon Fire HD 10 with 64GB storage will be the best option for you, as it has more storage space than any of its siblings. It’s the priciest tablet in this list, even with the discount, but it’s still more affordable than many rivals.
Amazon puts out its tablets in three sizes – 7-inch, 8-inch and 10-inch. This number refers to the screen size from diagonally-opposite corners, and buying a bigger one will make viewing content on it easier.
Only the 8-inch and 10-inch versions come with HD screens, making these even better for watching stuff. The 7-inch and 8-inch versions are available in Kid-friendly builds which are well protected and come with special software to ensure the safety of your kids.
Amazon Fire tablets have built-in integration with all the tech giant’s apps like Prime Video, Music, the Kindle library and more. This makes them great devices for portable entertainment, as you can download loads of movies, songs and books. It doesn’t have access to the full Google Play store but its own app library, which has a fair few games and some social media platforms but not as many as ‘stock’ Android or iOS.
These tablets won’t suit you if you’re looking for something to work on, or use for productivity or creativity purposes, but as portable entertainment and media machines they’re great, especially thanks to their low prices. These deals just make them more tempting for potential buyers.
Amazon Black Friday deals: quick links
- Gifts under £10: books, Funko Pops, crafting kits and more
- Gifts under £25: kitchen accessories, games, smart home and more
- Gifts under £50: small appliances, Lego, gaming gear and more
- Gifts under £100: instant cameras, PC accessories, headphones and more
- Chromebooks: cheap laptops starting from £199
- Coffee machines: De’Longhi Nescafé Dolce Gusto now just £47.30
- Fragrance: up to 70% off big brands starting at just £8
- Furniture: up to 65% off mattresses, sofas, beds and more
- Haircare: save up to 60% on Tresemme, Babyliss and Remington
- Headphones: over ear headphones from £12.79
- iPad Pro: lowest prices yet on the latest 2020 model
- Laptops: up to 15% off Samsung, Surface and Huawei laptops
- Nintendo Switch: save £25 on bundles right now
- PC monitors: save 20% on Samsung, BenQ, Dell and HP
- Philips Sonicare: 64% off Philips Sonicare 4300 electric toothbrushes
- Sennheiser: save 55% on Sennheiser headphones – from £43.99
- Skincare: up to 35% off Aveeno, L’Oreal, St. Tropez and more
- Smartphones: up to 20% off phones from Samsung, OnePlus and Xiaomi
- Smartwatches: Samsung Galaxy Watch starting at just £103.70
- Speakers: save 40% on Ultimate Ears speakers
- Tablets: big savings on Samsung Galaxy tablets – some record low prices
- TVs: Sony Bravia, Samsung, LG and Hisense models discounted
- Yankee candle: up to 30% off a range of scented candles